Our Student Counsellor and Wellbeing coordinator Maggie is available to provide confidential one-one sessions for students
Whether struggling with abuse, anxiety, stress, bereavement or mental health issues our service is here to help. Currently this is available through a few methods so you can decide what you feel most comfortable with. You can choose to carry out sessions by telephone, email or using Skype (either as instant messaging, video or voice call).
To contact Maggie you can email ACwellbeing@uhi.ac.uk or call 01631 559529. Her working hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9am and 5pm. If you're looking for support outside of those hours, you can still get in touch and she'll get back to you once she returns.
Need support on-demand?
Sometimes your mental health can't wait, especially if you're struggling over the weekend. Here are some key contacts :
- NHS 24 offers out of hours medical advice, call 111
- Text "YM" (if you're under 19) or "SHOUT" to 85258 to contact the Shout Crisis Text Line
- You can call the Samaritans on 116 123 to talk to someone at any time, day or night - or email if you prefer
- Breathing Space helpline is there to listen, call 0800 83 85 87 (Monday-Thursday 6pm to 2am, Friday 6pm-Monday 6am)
- If there is a threat to life - call 999 for emergency help immediately