Emergency Hardship Funding


If you find yourself in financial hardship because of the cost-of-living crisis, we may be able to help you.

If you are a full time student, and are already receiving EMA, bursary or the maximum student loan you may be able to claim hardship funds which can help with things like rent or general living costs. Applications for assistance with rent, electricity and heating will be prioritised.

UHI Argyll students can make an application via the UHI Student Hub – simply log in and head to the funding section (see below).

For Further Education courses:

screenshot of student hub

For Higher Education courses:

screenshot of student hub for HE students

If you are unsure whether you’ll qualify, or would like more help and advice, please email Student Services with as much detail about your current situation as possible, and our specialist advisor will contact you.

If your financial worries are getting you down, please remember that we have a student counsellor who can help. You can email ACwellbeing@uhi.ac.uk or telephone 01631 559529. You’re not alone - we’re here to support you.