Find your future in the maritime industries and unlock a variety of career paths on the water.
Looking for a career at sea? Did you know...
- 2000 people are employed in the maritime industry in the West of Scotland
- Marine tourism is growing and overnight maritime visits contribute £30M to the West Coast economy each year
- There is an increasing focus on sustainability in the maritime field: the UK intends to publish an International Ocean Strategy which sets out its intention to promote the development of a sustainable blue economy at the global level by 2030
By combining SQA and RYA / MCA certification in this Maritime Skills course, students will receive a very comprehensive introduction to the maritime industries, plus additional internationally recognised certificates.
This course has been specifically designed to provide candidates with opportunities to develop the general and practical skills, knowledge and understanding and employability skills needed to work in the sector. Theoretical shore-based studies and practical activities afloat and will give students an insight into workings of the maritime industries - which includes commercial sea fishing, the Royal Navy, the Merchant Navy, Maritime Search and Rescue, marine leisure/sailing, commercial sea fishing, aquaculture, ports and harbour industries.
- Where? Helensburgh, Oban
- Full-time or Part-time? Full-time & Part-time available
- Want to find out more? Visit the course page