EU Students and Applicants


On the 1 January 2021, the UK will formally leave the EU. This will affect all current EU students studying at Argyll College UHI and all new applicants from the EU.

For those currently living in the UK

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you will need to apply from within the UK to the EU Settlement Scheme. You will also need to apply if you are in the UK on an EEA Family Permit as a non-EU family member.

The deadline to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme is 30 June 2021. However, if you intend on leaving the UK in the near future, we strongly advise that you apply to the EU Settlement Scheme before the 1 of January 2021, as you will not be able to re-enter the UK after 1 January 2021 without evidence of your immigration status.

A successful application to the EU Settlement Scheme will result in either settled, or pre-settled status, depending on how long you’ve lived in the UK.

For further information please read the EU Settlement Scheme Leaflet and the information provided on the UK Council for International Student Affairs website.

Evidence of immigration status

When you have successfully obtained EU settled or pre-settled status, you need to provide the college with evidence.

Please visit the following link to obtain a share code - prove your settled or pre-settled status

You will be given further instruction on how to submit this evidence to the college from your local registry department.

If you are not currently living in the UK

If you decided to study from your home country for semester one, with the intention of coming to Scotland for semester two, we strongly advise that you arrive in the UK before the 31 December 2020.

If you’re a new applicant and are hoping to study at Argyll College UHI after 1 January 2021, please contact to discuss all the options available to you.