Combine work with study with an apprenticeship, gaining first hand industry experience that will pave the way for your bright future. You’ll work for an employer in a real job role with real responsibilities, while you study at school or college. Apprenticeships are available in a wide range of sectors, from beauty and hairdressing to business and administration, aquaculture to computer games development – there's something for everyone!
Kickstart your career today with an apprenticeship with UHI Argyll.
Foundation Apprenticeships combine the best of academic and vocational learning in one single qualification for S5 and S6 pupils. They provide a range of benefits that employers are looking for and open your options after you leave school.
Tell me more about Foundation Apprenticeships: Schools - Foundation Apprenticeships (uhi.ac.uk).
What Foundation Apprentices does my school offer? Schools (uhi.ac.uk).
With a Modern Apprenticeship, you learn on the job and get the experience you need. Plus, you work towards a qualification.
Across Scotland over 25,000 thousand people every year are taking the opportunity to get the skills and experience that count while earning at the same time. If you are aged between 16 and 24 you could:
- Get the experience employers are looking for – from skills for work, to handy things like timekeeping, taking responsibility and teamwork.
- Discover a real alternative to full-time college or university, and by learning on the job, you get to put your skills to the test right away.
- Get the best possible training: MAs are designed with employers and industry in mind.
- Get a qualification accredited by the Scottish Qualifications Authority. You can see how MAs compare to other qualifications on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework.
- Did we mention you get paid?
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) can help advertise your Modern Apprenticeship vacancy for free on Apprenticeships.scot. It’s quick, easy to do and SDS will post it on their vacancy pages, and publish it on carefully selected partner websites like Adzuna and My World of Work.
There is a range of information for employers available online at the Apprenticeships.scot website.