Workplace Assessment Using Direct and Indirect Methods PDA
Course code 94X1
What is special about this course?
The PDA in Workplace Assessment Using Direct and Indirect Methods will develop your knowledge and skills in preparing for, planning and carrying out assessment of individuals in the workplace.
You will use direct methods such as observation, examination of work products (both created and not created at the time of observation) and questioning. You may also be involved in authenticating indirect evidence such as discussion with candidates, testimony of others (witnesses), examination of candidate statements, assessment of candidates in simulated environments, recognition of prior learning (RPL), otherwise known as the accreditation of prior achievement (APA).
- One of the qualifications required by workplace assessors who assess SVQs, other workplace qualifications or in-company standards
- Students must be a workplace assessor, currently working with at least two VQ candidates
- Relevant care experience and access to candidates undertaking their SVQ awards
Year 1 - PDA
This award provides you with the skill set and qualifications to assess, within their own subject area, so your candidates may gain certification of competence.
How will I study my course?
- Part-time (structured): work-based
- You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
- The PDA is work-based. You will be assessed in the workplace
How long will my course last?
- Part-time (structured): 6 months
Where can I study my course?
- North, West and Hebrides
- Other start dates may be available
- For information on variable start dates please contact the college where you wish to study
For information on costs of this course please contact the campus where you wish to study.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This PDA will be studied as part of ongoing staff training to allow you to support staff studying on VQ programmes.
Can I progress into further study?
Students may wish to progress to the PDA in Internal Verification of Workplace Assessment.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Workplace Assessment Using Direct and Indirect Methods PDA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at the University of the Highlands and Islands. We operate a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity and socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.