Construction FT NPA
What is special about this course?
This course lasts 18 weeks and is a great way to prepare for a job in the construction industry as a general operative. It's really hands-on and will give you a basic introduction to the following trades:
- Painting and Decorating
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Roof Tiling
This course will be delivered full time in our dedicated workshops in Dunoon, Campbeltown, Rothesay, and Lochgilphead.
You may also have the opportunity of a work placement during the course.
You don't need any exam passes to join this course but you should be enthusiastic about working in the construction industry.
Previous completion of the Skills for Work Construction Crafts (schools) courses would be beneficial but is not essential.
You'll learn about:
- Bricklaying: half brick walling and one brick walling, the fundamentals of cavity walling and simple arch construction.
- Painting and Decorating: preparing and painting surfaces, colour practiceand wallpaper hanging.
- Carpentry and Joinery: site carpentry and joinery techniques, bench joinery, repair and maintenance, and manufacturing joinery components.
- Plumbing: sanitary appliances and installing and connecting domestic plumbing
- Roof Tiling
- Employability Skills
- General Construction Practices
All Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied by the college.
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Practical delivery takes place in the workshops in Dunoon, Campbeltown, Rothesay, and Lochgilphead.
Where can I study my course?
- Campbeltown Hazelburn Learning Centre
- Dunoon Learning Centre
- Construction, Engineering and Renewables Centre
- Rothesay Learning Centre
January and September
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
This course will prepare you for employment as a construcion general operative.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for Construction FT NPA
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Argyll College UHI. Argyll College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.