What is special about this course?
This course is highly practical and enables the candidate to develop employability skills and general construction practice awareness while being introduced to the following trades:
- Painting and Decorating
- Carpentry and Joinery
- Roof Tiling
This course will be delivered full time in our dedicated workshops in Dunoon, Campbeltown, Rothesay, and at the college's Construction, Engineering and Renewables Centre in Lochgilphead.
Suitable candidates may also have the opportunity of a construction-related work placement during the course.
Applicants should have a keen interest in pursuing a career in the construction industry. Previous completion of the Skills for Work Construction Crafts courses would be beneficial but is not essential.
Candidates will learn various techniques which may include:
- Bricklaying: half brick walling :one brick walling:fundamentals of cavity walling; simple arch construction
- Painting and Decorating :preparing and painting surfaces: colour practice: paperhanging
- Carpentry and Joinery: site carpentry and joinery techniques: bench joinery : repair and maintenance; manufacturing joinery components
- Plumbing: sanitary appliances : installing and connecting domestic plumbing
- Plasterwork: plasterwork
- Roof Tiling: plain roof tiling
- Employability Skills
- General Construction Practices
How will I study my course?
- Full Time
Practical delivery takes place in the workshops in Dunoon, Campbeltown, Rothesay, and at the college's Construction, Engineering and Renewables Centre in Lochgilphead.
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Campbeltown Hazelburn Learning Centre
- Dunoon Learning Centre
- Construction, Engineering and Renewables Centre
- Rothesay Learning Centre
Please contact your local centre for more information on start date.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Successful candidates may progress to a range of opportunities in the construction industry including employment and Modern Apprenticeships in a range of trades.
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.