First Aid at Work 3 day
What is special about this course?
- To train employees in the principles of First Aid as laid down in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations of 1981.
- To satisfy by examination the competence of First Aid.
course entry requirements
- First Aid Regulations
- General principles of First Aid
- Basic human anatomy
- Taking a pulse
- Breathing and Asphyxia Causes and recognition
- Circulation of the blood
- External wounds and bleeding causes
- Practical Triangular bandaging
- Internal Bleeding and shock
- Burns, scalds and effects of temperature
- Practical application of sterile dressings
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Eye injuries
- Practical and theory examination
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
Please contact your local centre for more details on the course start date.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
course progression info
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.
Apply for First Aid at Work 3 day
To enrol, or for further information on this course, please contact your local Argyll College Centre
We are delighted that you are thinking about studying at Argyll College UHI. Argyll College operates a fair and open admissions system committed to equality of opportunity and non-discrimination. We consider all applications on merit and on the basis of ability to achieve, without discrimination on grounds of age, disability, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity status, race, religion and/or belief, sex, sexual orientation or socio-economic background. We welcome applications from all prospective students and aim to provide appropriate and efficient services to students with disabilities.