What is special about this course?
- To train employees in the principles of First Aid as laid down in the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations of 1981.
- To satisfy by examination the competence of First Aid.
course entry requirements
- First Aid Regulations
- General principles of First Aid
- Basic human anatomy
- Taking a pulse
- Breathing and Asphyxia Causes and recognition
- Circulation of the blood
- External wounds and bleeding causes
- Practical Triangular bandaging
- Internal Bleeding and shock
- Burns, scalds and effects of temperature
- Practical application of sterile dressings
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Eye injuries
- Practical and theory examination
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
How long will my course last?
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
Please contact your local centre for more details on the course start date.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
course progression info
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.