Argyll College UHI offer further and higher education in one of the most geographically fragmented areas of Scotland. We are an academic partner of The University of the Highlands and Islands. The university operates through a partnership of thirteen colleges and research institutions, located throughout Argyll, the Highlands and Islands, Moray and Perthshire.
To support our work we are recruiting to the following role:
Student Support Officer (Oban)
|Salary range||£12,858.71 (£21,431.18 pro rata)|
|Working hours||0.6 FTE (Part-time)|
We are recruiting a 0.6FTE Student Support Officer based in our Oban centre. The key tasks will include:
- Creating and updating Personal Learning Support Plans (PLSPs) with any students with declared needs across all centres
- Directly supporting students as identified in the PLSPS in Oban centre
- Providing remote support to students in other centres as required from time to time
- Supporting students to apply for Disabled Student Allowance (DSA)
- Being a named contact for any care-experienced or parentally estranged students across all our centres
The successful candidate must be able to work empathetically and sympathetically with students who may often be feeling stressed. You should have very good people and communication skills, but also have a very good level of literacy and IT skills. Some student support may need to be carried out remotely using various forms of communication and online platforms.
There will also be a requirement to undertake training and qualifications leading to being able to complete Needs Assessments for DSA.
The successful applicant will be subject to an application to join Disclosure Scotland Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme.
Protecting Vulnerable Groups
The Scottish Government have introduced a new membership scheme to replace and improve upon the current disclosure arrangements for people who work with vulnerable groups - The Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG Scheme)
All successful applicants must be registered on the PVG scheme. More information on PVG