What is special about this course?
This course will explain the basic counselling concepts and how to apply counselling skills at an introductory level.
This 40 hour Unit is delivered either -
- Part time taught course (weekends) 30 hours taught and 10 hours home study OR
- Evening taught course' 30 hours taught and 10 hours home study.
At the discretion of the centre.
- Outline the concept and aims of counselling
- Describe the non-directive counselling process
- Counsel selected clients using basic counselling skills.
How will I study my course?
- Part Time
The final assessment of the course consists of 3 Learning Outcomes. Your tutor will tell you when you are ready to take each Learning Outcome. Each of outcomes 1 and 2 has four parts and learning outcome 3 is conducted through role play.
How long will my course last?
40 Hours per unit
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Local Centres
Please contact your local centre for more information on start date.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.