What is special about this course?
During this course you will learn to perform a programme of music in a variety of styles, interpret elementary music terms and directions while operating an effective work/practice routine.
The aims of this course are to
- develop elementary solo performance skills on an acoustic guitar
- demonstrate an understanding of elementary musical terms and directions within a programme of music
- apply effective work/practice routines.
Please note subject to sufficient numbers this course will be delivered as a taught class.
No formal entry requirements.
In this unit the student will:
- perform a programme of music in a variety of styles
- interpret elementary musical terms and directions
- operate an effective work/practice routine
How will I study my course?
Materials will be provided by the tutor as required but candidates will be expected to have their own instrument.
You will receive taught sessions, completing tasks as instructed by your tutor.
The final assessment of the unit consists of 3 Learning Outcomes. Your tutor will tell you when you are ready to take each Learning Outcome.
How long will my course last?
Approximately 40 Hours evening.
Where can I study my course?
- Argyll College UHI
- Local Centres
Please contact your local centre for more details on the course start date.
For the latest information on fees please see our fees policy.
What can I do on completion of my course?
Is there more information available online?
You can use the above QR code to connect directly to the course details.